Like any other sport, running is free! But racing is different. Racing already involves competition. And like any other competition, there has to be a price, a compelling reason to be better, and win.
The above is my philosophy. Its really simple you know.
And since running is free, Hyundai will treat more than 20,000 runners of all levels to a FREE (yep!) 5k & 10k run on April 2, 2011 that will start in Quirino Grandstand, Manila. Route will be along Roxas Boulevard.
Why free? Perhaps, Hyundai wants to give back to the community the love that it received for the past 10 years. In fact, they advocate the following to help build our nation: PRO-Environment, PRO-People Empowerment, PRO-Poor, and PRO-Health & Well-Being.
Since its a run (and not a race), race results will be unavailable. How about RUN RESULTS? (just kidding hehehe)
Sharing to you Hyundai’s official message for the upcoming event:
INNOVATIONS FOR HUMANITY
Hyundai launches Run for a Cause on 10th Year Anniversary kick-off
- HARI to launch first-ever automotive-sponsored Run for a Cause in PH to propagate four (4) advocacies for sustainability
- Gawad Kalinga CSI, St. Scholastica’s Priory, Habitat for Humanity, and Haribon Foundation to serve as HARI’s new partners in nation-building
- HARI chooses Quirino Grandstand as new location for Hyundai Run for a Cause
Incorporated in 2001, Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI), the official distributor of Hyundai automobiles in the Philippines, will launch the first-ever automotive-sponsored run in the country dubbed “Hyundai Run for a Cause” on April 2, 2011, 4:30 AM, at the Quirino Grandstand in Manila to kick off its 10th year anniversary celebration.
Inspired by Hyundai Motor Company’s vision to provide Innovations for Humanity, founded on five core strategies of respect for human values, global orientation, customer satisfaction, technology innovation, and cultural creation, this 5K and 10K run plans to propagate HARI’s PRO-Environment, PRO-People Empowerment, PRO-Poor, and PRO-Health and Well-Being advocacies as it teams up with its partners in sustainability:
- Gawad Kalinga Center for Social Innovation – whereby HARI will forward its advocacy of PRO-People Empowerment, particularly of the youth, to become the new forerunners of economic progress and development through entrepreneurial dynamism. During the past years, HARI has supported the GK through the construction of SIBOL schools, GK Villages, and through the provision of vans to provide for GK’s much needed mobility needs around the nation. This year, the automotive group will not only provide additional transportation vehicles for the GK, but will also offer professional counselling to new generation social entrepreneurs in several forums and consultations scheduled not only this year, but in the years to come.
- St. Scholastica’s Priory – In recognition of Sr. Mary John Mananzan as One of the Top 100 Most Inspiring People in the World by Women Deliver, the leading global advocate fighting for women’s rights and maternal health, HARI has forged into a partnership with the Institute of Women’s Studies of the St. Scholastica’s Priory to propagate its PRO-Health and Well-Being advocacy. Through this partnership, the first complete 25-bed Maternity Mission Hospital with a pediatric ward and laboratory services will be built in the town of Catarman, Samar.
- Habitat for Humanity – This alliance will bring to fruition the HARI mission to provide decent homes for the marginalized sector of the society, encapsulated in its PRO-Poor advocacy. Beyond providing the structure, HARI aims to build new homes in a nurturing and thriving environment to ensure the sustainability of the Filipino families. For 2011, HARI’s joint efforts with Habitat for Humanity will see the construction of its initial batch of homes for the poor, uplifting the conditions of many marginalized families.
- Haribon Foundation – whereby HARI will hope to realize its vision for a thriving and sustainable world “where cars, people, and the planet coexist as one dynamic system” embodied in the green slogan of its PRO-Environment campaign, Together We Can for a Green Tomorrow. HARI’s green mission started last year at the Yapak Forest in Boracay and the Caliraya Watershed in Cavinti, Laguna. This year, the automotive company will continue its green initiatives with an estimate donation of over 20,000 native tree seedlings as well as other eco-projects in development.
“The Hyundai Run for a Cause maps out a new avenue for HARI to help propagate humanitarian advocacies that are close to our hearts. With over 20,000 registered runners to date, we are delighted that many people share the same advocacies,” stated Ms. Fe Perez-Agudo, President and CEO of HARI. “Furthermore, we decided to change the venue of the Hyundai Run for a Cause to the Quirino Grandstand, one of the more historic landmarks in the Philippines to mark HARI’s own historic milestone of a decade of service to the Filipino,” Ms. Agudo added.